Boiler service in Birmingham
We offer a comprehensive range of annual boiler service contracts. We cover households in the Birmingham and surrounding area.
- Boiler service contracts
- Central heating contracts
- Boiler, central heating and plumbing
- Boiler, central heating, plumbing and domestic appliances e.g. cooker
What is a boiler service
A boiler service should include:
- Checking the boiler is functioning efficiently and safely
- Cleaning filters, flues and pipes
- Testing and pre-emptive fault-spotting
Example faults include blocked flues, dirty burners, gas safety valve mal-functioning, all these will be checked and tested during the service procedure.
How often should servicing be done?
Most manufacturers recommend annual boiler and central heating service.
There are different types of boiler such as open flue (vertical, chimney-style) and balanced flue (horizontally, through the wall).
The majority of carbon monoxide poisoning is with open flued appliances. Balanced flue appliances draw clean fresh air from outside rather than air from inside which may be contaminated with lint (carpet fibres, pet hairs etc ).
Boilers we service
We service all the major boiler types:
- Condensing boilers extract more of the heat energy in the gas, oil, or any other fuel. Condensing boilers have now been made compulsory by the Building Regulations (with a few limited exceptions) when you replace a domestic central heating boiler.
- Combi boilers heat the hot tap water as it is used. When a hot tap is turned on, the tap water flows directly through the boiler, the gas flames light and heat the water on it’s way to the hot tap. In contrast, non-combi boilers heat a tank of hot-tap water and store it ready for use later.
- System boilers have an expansion vessel and the circulating pump built into them, saving the installer fitting these components separately.
We service all the major manufacturers:
- Gledhill PulsaCoil
- Glow worm
- Worcester and Bosch